Sunday 10 August 2014

Life Changes











There are some big changes coming for this family.  I've been so nervous to tell people. I have spent far too long trying to write the perfect post to explain it all but in the end I decided the story is too long to type out and people probably will just skip to the end anyway.

So...
We've sold our house and Ryan has joined the military.

For the next senven-ish months, the kids and I will be living with my parents, brother and sister two hours away from here.  Ryan will be at basic training followed by occupational training.

We have been praying for months over this and feel very strongly that this is the right move for us.

I realize that many people will think we are crazy; I'm inclined to agree with them.  From the outside, this makes absolutely no sense.  But these things rarely do.  I also realize that some people will think we're making a mistake.  Maybe we are (though I don't think so) and that's okay. Ryan has wanted to do this for a long time and I've grown up enough that I can finally support him in it.  It feels good to see him go after something he wants.

Of course, it's scary.  I love the life we've built here.  We have the best group of friends I've ever had.  We have a church that has welcomed us without question, flawed as we are, and has shown us more love and support than we deserve.  All of our children were born here and have built relationships here.  It's been so hard to start saying good bye.  And obviously, being away from Ryan is going to be awful.  I don't do well without him around.  He calms my crazy.  And he kills all the spiders.  I haven't been away from him more than a few days in seven years.  I almost don't know who I'll be without him.

I have no idea if this is where our life is meant to go or if it's just another step in the right direction.  I do know that I get to take this journey with five of my favourite people, with the love and support of our family and friends, and with the blessing of the Almighty God.

That's enough for me.



4 comments:

  1. How exciting for you guys! If you have any questions or anything at all, let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah...my first comment got wiped out and this one won't be nearly as sentimental and mushy. :) I will miss seeing your faces, especially the ones that peer back at me from the seats in front at church. Glad that I can still keep in touch via FB and now this blog! (which I didn't know about or I would have read it sooner!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kalista, this is exciting, and I am happy to hear you have made peace with such a BIG decision!! When you get settled, we should get together if you need some adult time.

    Xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...