Tuesday 26 June 2012

Crafting On: Reunited


Since we lost the baby, I've had no desire to do anything creative.  In fact, I resented those knitting needles and the skeins of sweet baby wool.  I shoved it all away in a closet and busied myself with other things.  Then I noticed how frazzled I felt and how easily I became overwhelmed.  Crafting centers me.  I need to create and be creative.

So I've pulled out my fabric.  I dusted off the sewing machine and I sewed.  I pulled out my knitting needles and some generic and safe white wool to make some bloomers for Amelia.  I am still hiding from anything baby related...that will come in time.

I am happy that I am back at it.  I needed to complete a project.  That feeling when you finally finish something you've been working so hard on is healing.  So I chose a big project that I've been putting off for months and I finished it.

It was simple and repetitive, just enough to keep my mind busy.  And when I finished it, I was able to cuddle up with my new quilt, a bowl of fresh strawberries and a good book.  It was exactly what I needed.

(I had a better picture but I accidentally deleted it...and it has rained since.  The colours look so off here.  Sad.)


Finally joining up with Nicole for Crafting On again! 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...